Sustainable@EDU COMMITMENT emerged from the will to contribute for the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which were adopted on September 25th 2015, by United Nation countries.
Sustainable@EDU COMMITMENT was signed in New York on September 27th, 2015 by relevant Millennium@EDU Sustainable Education Stakeholders.
The Sustainable@EDU COMMITMENT came up with the objective of:
1. Contribute to rebuild the learning spaces and Provide Information, Communication and Scientific Tecnhological Solutions;
2. Empower Local Services;
3. Promote collaboration among teachers and students;
4. Promote collaboration among all Stakeholders;
5. Engage the Community;
6. Promote new literacies, especially on sustainable development;
7. Establish the follow-up process for the Sustainable @ EDU Commitment.
The signatories, representing multi-stakeholders, assumed immediately as a major goal:
Contribute to transform lives through education, recognizing the important role of education as a main driver of development and in achieving of all seventeen Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
A Commitmment with Education for Sustainable Development consequently must promote, also, the development of competencies like critical thinking, imagining future scenarios and making decisions in a collaborative way.